Cooperating teachers and field supervisors of student teachers are required by State law to complete mentor training within the first three weeks of the student teachers' placements.
Select “Open” to start the first of 15 sections when you enter the site.
- The navigation panel on the left side will show your progress. Advance from section to section by simply clicking the panel at the bottom or top of the page depending on which direction you want to move.
- As you progress through the modules, your responses to the reflective questions located at the end of sections 1, 3, 11, 12, and 14 will be recorded to document your successful completion of the training. The section 1 reflective questions can be found after the Longhorn Creed.
- If you leave and re-enter the site before finishing the training, the navigation panel starts back at 0% completion. Just start back where you left off. There’s no need to re-submit responses to reflective questions already submitted.
- This training will take approximately 90 minutes.
*New* Navigating through the Interactive Graphics
When using the links in the interactive graphics in sections 4 and 9 to advance to the next section, the link opens up a new browser and the progress panel on the left will show a 0% completion. Your responses to the reflective questions already submitted are recorded, so please disregard this message of 0% completion and continue with the module.
The interactive graphic in section 4 (Strategies to Make Practice Visible) takes you through the following modules:
- Shadowing (Section 5)
- Purposeful Observations (Section 6)
- Co-Teaching (Section 7)
While going through each section, use the “Go Back” orange button to return to the interactive graphic in section 4. Once you have completed all of these sections, use the panel at the bottom of the page to advance to section 8.
The interactive graphic in section 9 (Overview of the CARE Coaching Cycle) takes you through the following modules:
- Pre-Conferences (Section 10)
- Observations (Section 11)
- Post-Conference (Section 12)
- Planning (Section 13)
While going through each section, use the “Go Back” orange button to return to the interactive graphic in section 9. Once you have completed all of these sections, use the panel at the bottom of the page to advance to section 14.
|In order to receive credit for this requirement, please visit our Cooperating Teacher Training site.|
If you have any questions regarding the Mentor Training requirement, please email Field Experiences.