After selecting the 'Manual' option for the 'Enter Job Samples' field, filling out all other required fields and pressing the 'Submit and Add Sample Information' button you will get the Manual Sample Entry Form.
NOTE: When doing manual entry of sample information, a maximum of 30 samples can be submitted. For a greater number of samples, use attachment mode.
Each row corresponds to an individual sample.
- Fill in all fields for each sample row.
- The Request ID and SampleName fields will be filled in by default.
- The Library Prep Required fields will be filled based on what was entered on the previous form, the Job Submission Form.
- The only field that you may not change is the 'Request ID'. If you accidentally change the Request ID, when you press 'Save' it will revert back to its original value.
- Requirements for Sample Information:
- Sample names must be unique (two samples cannot share the same name).
- Samples names must not be longer than 10 characters. Permissible characters are alphanumeric and underscores.
- You must fill out the following fields for every sample: Volume, Concentration, Min Reads Required for Sample, Max Reads Required for Sample, Library Prep Required.
- Target reads must be at least 120% of Minimum reads (if purchasing by number of reads).
- A barcode must be specificed if library prep is not required and it must be one of the following : BA (if requesting only Bioanalyzer), a DNA sequence no longer than 9 bp long, VxBCxx, RLxx, TSxx, or NFxx (where x is a digit).
- For more information on the sample fields please see the Glossary.
- Once you have entered in all of your information, click 'Save' (just above the sample column names; Request ID, SampleName,..etc.).
- Once you have saved your data, click "Validate My Input".
- You must always save your data before attempting to validate it; simply filling in the fields and clicking "Validate My Input" will not work.
- If you receive an error message, you did not meet one of the criteria specified for sample information. Please change the appropriate sample information, click "Save" again, then click "Validate My Input" again.
- Once your data has been validated, you will be taken to a new page.
- The page will confirm your job and sample information submission.
- You will also receive confirmation by email of your job submission.
- A 'Request ID' will also be provided as confirmation; this Request ID will be associated with your job submission until it is approved.
The number of samples that will show up will be based on what was entered for the 'Number of Samples to Add' field that was filled out on the previous form, the Job Submission Form. To add more samples save and then click the 'Add Sample' button (below the sample information, next to the 'Validate My Input' button) for each sample you wish to add (NOTE: if you do not save before adding a sample, all information after the last save point will be lost). To delete samples select (select the check box on the left) each sample to be deleted and click 'Delete' (just above the sample column names; Request ID, SampleName,..etc.).