Visual Studio Professional 2013 - is a professional-quality integrated development environment that simplifies the
tasks of creating, debugging, and deploying software for Windows, Microsoft Office and the web.
- Where Available: Mod Lab, Phd Lab, Student Computer, NRG
- Source: Imagine (see installation help link)
- Cost: Free
- Course: MIS 304, MIS 333K
- Platform: Windows
- Online Training: http://www.lynda.com/search?q=Visual+Studio
- Installation Help: Please see Using Imagine and VMAP wiki page for information about how to download and install this software through this program.
As a UT student you have free access to professional online training videos from Lynda.com. Where Lynda has specific training videos on course software used at the McCombs School of Business you can find a link to those videos in the software details for that application (note: If you click on a link to a Lynda video you will need to click "Log in" at the top right hand corner of the Lynda page, and type www.utexas.edu in the "Log in through your organization or school" section). You can learn more about free training from Lynda.com at Lynda at McCombs
Mac users wanting to run Visual Studio from their Mac should consult the Mac Users Survival Guide wiki page about running Visual Studio in a Virtual Machine.