Decision Tools is a set of Microsoft excel add-ins for risk and decision analysis. It includes @Risk, StatTools, PrecisionTree, TopRank and other Excel add ins. It is a commercial product from Palisade Corporation. The McCombs School of Business has negotiated a number of licenses for student use. You will need to install Microsoft Office (free Office 365 subscription) first if you are installing Decision Tools on your computer - https://office365.austin.utexas.edu/
- Where Available: Mod Lab, Student Computer, NRG
- Decision Tools is one of the applications available on the Stat Apps terminal server maintained by the Department of Statistics and Data Sciences. For more information about this server please visit http://stat.utexas.edu/consulting/stat-apps-server. For more information about connecting to this server, please see our wiki page at https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/MSBTech/Configuring+a+Remote+Desktop+Connection+for+the+Stat+Apps+Server.
- Decision Tools is available on the computers in the NRG. These computers are also remotely available at https://remotelab.mccombs.utexas.edu.
- Source: You can download Decision Tools for student computers at https://utexas.box.com/v/dtsinstaller (you will be prompted to login with your EID to download the installer). Download and run the file to install.
- Cost: Free
Attention Mac Users
This software is only available for Windows. To install this onto a Macintosh you should first create a virtual machine on your computer and install Microsoft Windows and Office into it. If you do not currently have a Windows VM available on your computer (or a dual boot Mac/Windows computer), then you have a couple of options:
- Obtain a VirtualBox VM created by Computer Services that has DTools already installed. You can visit the SWAT Shop to request assistance in installing this VM or you can install it yourself by following the instructions at Installing OVA files using VirtualBox on a Mac.
- Use one of the computers setup in the NRG Reading Room (CBA 4.112A).