Summary RVT to 3DS link:
- Select the File Pulldown in 3DS Max in the upper left corner of the application.
- Select “Import”
- Select “Link Revit”
- Select the RVT File, and the Link Revit View window will pop up to read the file.
- Select the desired RVT View
- Select “attach this file”
This will import the Revit file as a link to the original Revit file. This is a one way link, where, any modifications done to the Revit file will be seen in the 3DS Max file, but, not in the opposite direction. So, no modifications done to the model in 3DS will be seen in the model while in Revit. All lights, materials, cameras, geometry in that Revit view will be linked to 3DS Max using this process.
Items to check while using this process:
- Verify any material brought in from Revit look the way you want them to look in 3DS Max.
- Analyze the geometry of the Revit model in 3DS Max to be sure there are no odd conditions such as: (to name a few)
- Walls are not joining at the corners.
- Floor plans are not protruding through the walls.
- Ceiling materials are on the ceiling and not on the vertical part of the soffit, on the floor, or anywhere else that just doesn't make sense.