Linking to external content
If you would like to insert a link to internet content outside the UTSOA website (soa.utexas.edu), follow these steps:
- Highlight the text you want to link and click the link button at the top of the editor.
- In the pop-up window, select URL.
- Type the URL and click "Okay".
Linking to internal content and files
If you would like to link to a Course, Event, Headline, Page, Publication, Work, or file you have uploaded, follow these steps:
- Highlight the content you would like to link and click the link button at the top of the editor.
- In the dialog that pops up, "Link Type" will already be set to "Internal Links and Files". Simply begin typing the title of the content you wish to link to in the "Link" field. Any file, page, user, Event, Headline, Work, or Publication that matches will appear as a suggestion.
- Move your cursor or use your keyboard arrows to select the suggestion you wish to link to. You can see that it has linked correctly when the internal link, inside parenthesis, is inserted in the "Link" field.
- Click "OK".
Linking to other content (Views)
Some pages on the site, like lists of users or lists of a particular content type, are dynamically generated and therefore will not appear as a suggestion when "Internal Links and Files" is selected. To link to them, use a relative url, removing the "http://prod.soa.utexas.edu" part of the url and beginning with a forward slash: