None of the changes on any tab are saved until you click the green 'Save' button at the bottom!
Accessing the Work Editor
Once you have logged in, you can begin creating Work content by going to My Workbench, clicking the Create Content tab, and choosing the content type 'Work'
Note: This can be accessed immediately by going to the admin menu and navigating to My Workbench > Create Content > Work.
- This brings you to the 'Work' content editing interface. On the left, you will see a list of tabs to navigate the data for this piece of content.
Adding a Title, Course, Description, and Media
- Title, Description, and Media are all are required to publish the content.
- Course - To relate your project to a particular course, click the 'Add item' button under Course.
Then select the semester and instructor for the course you want to select.
- Description - This is the same basic text editor found throughout the site and instructions can be found here: Text Editor.
- Media - The primary image display for Work is an image that is 850 x 500 pixels. In the parlance of the site, this is the 'flexslider full' image as it would be displayed if highlighted on the home page or in the banner of the work page. For more information on image sizes and types visit the image editor page. Click 'Add another item' to get more places to add media, and click the four-way arrow to the left of an item and drag it to the desired position to reorganize.
More information on how to add media can be found here: Media Uploader
Adding People and Links
- People - To add individuals involved in the work, begin typing any part of their name, then click their name from the list that appears. If you don't see their name right away, continue typing their full name.
The circle in the corner of the field indicates the system is still searching; this may take a few moments if the name is common. Once you select the name, confirm that a number appears after their name. Without this number, they will not be linked properly. To add additional people, place a comma after each name and start typing the name of the next person.
Note: This system searches for names as they appear in the UTDirectory, which for example means you may need to enter 'Robert' for 'Rob'.
If the user has a head shot uploaded, it will appear. Otherwise, their name will appear. Both will link to their profile, if it is set to display on the website.
- Read Online - If you have uploaded a report or presentation to a service such as Issuu, you can put a link to it here. It will appear as a button next to the Media images.
- Website - To add links to external websites that relate to your project, provide the words you would like on the button and the URL. Websites will appear as buttons in the right hand sidebar.
- Files - Upload any files you would like to appear in the right hand sidebar. The text you put in the 'Description' field will be the link to the file.
Submission Promotion and Awards
- ISSUE — To submit to ISSUE, first create Work content on the UTSOA website (see instructions beginning at the top of this page) and then choose the corresponding option before saving.
- Graduation Slideshow — To submit to the graduation slideshow, you first create create Work content on the UTSOA website (see instructions beginning at the top of this page) and then choose the corresponding option before saving. While you are encouraged to add as many images as you like to the piece of Work on the website, please note that only the first image in the list will be used for the graduation slideshow.
- Promotion — Please indicate whether or not you would like your work considered for promotion to the home page and other pages on the site.
- Awards — To note that a project has won an award, start typing the name of the award and choose it from the list that appears. If the name of the award does not appear, type the full name of the award. Be sure to use proper formatting!