- Equipment checkout services are allowed for active/enrolled School of Architecture faculty, staff, and student use only. The use of equipment by those outside of an SOA degree program (must be a UT affiliate) must be related to specific School of Architecture coursework and/or research. Additionally, faculty endorsement is required in order to receive authorization from a member of the IT staff.
- Faculty endorsement can be submitted via email to the Technology Services Coordinator.
- Required information includes:
- Class title & number (ex. RTF342)
- Student name(s) & UTEID(s)
- Faculty member's name
- Faculty member's email address
- List of specific equipment
- Maximum limit of 24 hours (1 day) per reservation.
- DSLRs have a maximum limit of 6 business hours per reservation.
- Reservation extensions (2X max) are allowed, but not guaranteed. Extensions must be done in person with ALL current reservation items present at the time of renewal.
- Reservations will be canceled after 30 minutes past the scheduled pick-up time.
- All equipment must be returned/renewed at the service desk.
- Patrons will be penalized on a per-checkout basis for returning late, missing, lost or broken equipment and each violation counts as a separate offense. Penalties are as follows:
- 1st Offense – Warning
- 2nd Offense – 2-week suspension
- 3rd Offense – Semester-long suspension
In addition to the above penalties, late fines will be applied for late items.
- The late fine is $5.00 per incident plus $0.25 per hour per item. A grace period of up to 30 minutes may be given depending on the circumstance.
- Late fines apply regardless of illness or family emergency.
- Late fines are calculated on a 24-hour 7-day a week basis (including weekends, holidays, or other closed periods).
- Late fines will apply to each offense.
- Persons with a late period beyond 48 hours may have a financial bar placed on them for the full replacement amount of all reserved equipment and referred to Student Judicial Services.
Missing, lost, or broken equipment:
- Limit of 48 hours will be given to return any missing, lost, or broken equipment. Once the time limit has passed, the full replacement amount for the item(s) including any late fines will be owed.
- Refunds on any payment(s) for missing or lost item(s) will not be given even if the item(s) is subsequently found.
- Late fines will be included in addition to any amount owed for any missing, lost, or broken equipment. Checkout privileges are temporarily suspended and/or permanently revoked until full compensation for replacement/repair has been made.
- Insurance is not available for checkout equipment. Users are responsible for the FULL amount of repair or equivalent replacement (new, comparable model) of lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Damage includes concealed or unreported damage discovered after the return.
Semester-long suspensions will be valid for the remainder of the current semester until the first class day of the next semester.
Two or more semester-long suspensions can result in a permanent suspension of equipment checkout privileges.
To request cancellation or reduction of a fine, first discuss the charge with the Technology Services Coordinator. If the resolution fails, then make a written appeal. Appeals must be filed within one semester from the end of the semester in which the charges were assessed. Appeal requests must be e-mailed to the Technology Services Coordinator and should include:
- The item(s) for which charges are in question (A copy of the reservation confirmation email is acceptable)
- The date(s) the transaction(s) occurred (A copy of the reservation confirmation email is acceptable)
- The reason for the appeal
Once an appeal is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Technology Services Coordinator and if necessary, can be escalated to the IT Manager. If there is no resolution with the IT Manager, the appeal can be submitted for review by the Associate Dean for Research and Technology.
Appeals will not be considered based solely on an inability to pay and/or disagreement with the assessment structure. Address such disagreement to the IT Manager.
The decision made by these authorities is final.