The Technology Lab has a selection of portable electronics available for checkout: laptops, projectors, universal slideshow remotes, video cameras, light meters, and much more. The full list is available in Usher, where you can also request an equipment reservation in advance of checkout at the service desk.
To get started, log into Usher using your EID credentials, click the SOA icon (labeled 'Equipment Reservations'), and you will be directed to the SOA Equipment Reservations landing page. The landing page describes our hours and policies as well as shows messages about service changes, including special hours.
Making an Equipment Reservation
- From the landing page, choose a pickup date and time and choose Set Dates.
- Note: All reservations have a maximum of 24 hours, unless you have express permission from a member of staff. When making a reservation online, be sure to choose a range of 24 hours or less. If you choose a time outside our operating hours or for a period longer than 24 hours, the system will display a yellow error box, indicating there are no items available.
- To adjust the reservation period, click Change Dates.
- This will display the 'Search for Equipment' tool, where you can enter the name or model of the item or browse by choosing the category or brand. Once you have entered/selected a search term, be sure to click Find Equipment.
- From the list of results, click Add to Cart on the line for each item you would like to reserve.
- Note: Unless you have permission from a member of staff, you may only have one laptop checked out at a time.
- Once all the items you wish to reserve are the cart, click Proceed to Checkout.
- If you are ready to complete your reservation request for the chosen time period, click Reserve these Items.
- You will be asked to confirm your acceptance of the checkout policies but checking the box next to I agree to comply with these rules and clicking Continue.
- On the following page, fill in What is this reservation for? with a brief description of why you need the equipment. You can also add any of the relevant details below, and while they are not required, they may be helpful. Once you are done filling in these details, click Continue.
- On the last page, you will see a confirmation and summary of your reservation, including contact details for the Technology Lab service desk, in case you need to discuss the reservation. You will also receive an email with this information.
- Note: Reservations can be cancelled by going to Reservation History and clicking either Cancel item or Cancel entire reservation.