Note: As of March 2016, VPN connection now require two-factor authentication via DUO. More information is on the ITS website.
Install Cisco AnyConnect
- Navigate to the following address, vpn.utexas.edu , and enter your UT EID credentials
- The page will redirect to a Cisco/Java-based diagnostics program will detect your operating system and prompt you with the correct version of Cisco AnyConnect to install
- Download and run the installer
Connect to the VPN
- Launch Cisco AnyConnect
- When prompted to "Verify your network connection" enter the URL, vpn.utexas.edu, and click Connect.
- A second window will then pop up where you are prompted to enter in your UT EID, password, and "Duo Passcode"
- Enter one of the following commands or a numeric passcode generated in the Duo App into the "Duo Passcode" field:
- push (Send a notification to your registered mobile device)
- sms (Send an SMS to your registered cell phone)
- phone (Send a call to your registered phone number)
- Click OK and complete the two-factor authentication to connect to the UT VPN.