- Students must register at students.autodesk.com to obtain a serial number for product activation.
- Once registered, locate the Autodesk software you need here: https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software
- Use the Autodesk Download Manager to acquire and install your software.
- Use the Autodesk Desktop App to keep your software up to date.
If you are looking for Autodesk installers prior to 2018, this read-only share contains copies of the student version downloads of Autodesk products (2017).
We provide the following network shares:
( \\arch-data.austin.utexas.edu\Arch-GIS-Student )
This read-only share contains a copy of the ArcGIS software typically available from the ESRI Website. It is preferred that students on-campus download these files from this share instead of directly from ESRI in order to conserve the university's internet bandwidth.
( \\arch-data.austin.utexas.edu\GIS )
This read-only share has a variety of GIS data available to all UTSOA students for use in GIS courses, projects, and analysis.
( \\arch-data.austin.utexas.edu\TransCAD-Student )
This read-only share contains a copy of TransCAD 5.0 in a compressed zip file for download. A USB network license key with serial number is available for signout at the SOA Service Desk in the Technology Lab.
How to license your Transcad software using the Transcad licensing dongle: TransCAD Licensing
Special Course or Project shares: If you require a place to store and share files for your project or course, please first review the other files-sharing options such as Box. Please note that we are no longer able to provide network storage shares.
Mapping A Network Drive to access your Course Share. (Such As Tech Comm):
Course share “<entercoursesharehere>” is set up and ready for use. Connection guidelines for the class below:
Win: (map network drive)
*note: simply clicking on this link will not allow you access. Use the “map network drive” method to connect.
How To: Map a network drive (Win) to the course shares:
- Right-click on the “Computer” icon, or the “This PC” icon.
- Select “Map Network Drive”
- In the Drive list, click a drive letter.
- You can choose any available letter.
- In the Folder box, enter the path below \\arch-data.austin.utexas.edu\<entercoursesharehere>
- To connect every time you log on to your computer, select the “Reconnect at logon” checkbox.
- Check “Connect using different credentials”.
- Enter “Austin\<enter your EID here>” in the first line of the Windows Security box that pops up.
- Enter your EID password in the second line of the Windows Security box.
- Select “Ok”
- Select Finish
- Your computer is now connected or mapped, to the network drive.
NOTE: If you are off-campus attempting to connect to the network share, you’ll need to make a successful connection to the UT VPN first by visiting http://vpn.utexas.edu first. Once connected, proceed with the instructions above.