We provide the following network shares:
( \\arch-data.austin.utexas.edu\Autodesk-Student )
- Students must register at students.autodesk.com to obtain a serial number for product activation.
- Once regiestered, locate the Autodesk software you need here: https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software
- Use the Autodesk Download Manager to acquire and install your software.
- Use the Autodesk Desktop App to keep your software up to date.
If you are looking for Autodesk installers prior to 2018, this read-only share contains copies of the student version downloads of Autodesk products (2013-2017).
( \\arch-data.austin.utexas.edu\Arch-GIS-Student )
This read-only share contains a copy of the ArcGIS software typically available from the ESRI Website. It is preferred that students on-campus download these files from this share instead of directly from ESRI in order to conserve the universities internet bandwidth.
( \\arch-data.austin.utexas.edu\GIS )
This read-only share has a variety of GIS data available to all UTSOA students for use in GIS courses, projects, and analysis.
( \\arch-data.austin.utexas.edu\TransCAD-Student )
This read-only share contains a copy of TransCAD 5.0 in a compressed zip file for download. A USB network license key with serial number is available for signout at the SOA Service Desk in the Technology Lab.
Special Course or Project shares: If you require a place to store and share files for your project or course, please first review the other files-sharing options listed at the course share page. Please note that the OIT is no longer able to provide network storage shares.
To connect on a Windows-based computer:
- Click on Start
- Right-click on Computer (This PC for Windows 10)
- Choose Map Network drive…
- Copy/Paste the full name of the share from above, including the slashes
- Click Finish
- When prompted, enter your EID credentials (for the username, enter AUSTIN\<your EID>)
- Open Mapped Network Drive folder and copy programs you want onto your desktop.
(If you can't get access into mapped network folder the service desk can assist you)