Adding an assignment
The Assignment Manager allows you to create an assignment that automatically becomes an item in your Gradebook. Students complete this assignment in a separate file and electronically send it back to you through the Course Menu. You may then download these files from the Gradebook and review them, before assigning a grade. The Assignment tutorials will guide you through this process.
In this tutorial you will learn how to navigate to the Content Areas and add an Assignment to your course.
1. Make sure your Edit Mode: button is switched to ON and select a Content Area. (Assignments, Course Documents, etc.)
2. Click the Evaluate button and select Create Assignment.
3. In the Assignment Information section, type a Name and list any instructions in the text box provided.
4. In the Assignment Files section, use the Browse button to attach any files needed for the assignment.
5. In the Grading section, assign the number of Points Possible in the text box provided.
6. In the Availability section, set the availability, Number of Attempts, Availability Dates, and tracking options.
7. In the Due Dates section, set the due date. Note: Submissions are accepted after this date, but are marked Late.
8. In the Recipients section, choose whether this assignment is assigned to individual students or groups of students. You must have groups created to use the Groups of Students option. Note: The group option allows for one user in the group to submit the assignment. It also allows the instructor to enter 1 grade for the entire group.
9. Click the Submit button to finish adding the assignment.