How do I access my CLIPs menu?
The CLIPs inline menu is usually located at the bottom of your UT Direct Home page. If you can't locate it there follow these steps to access your menu.
Any questions regarding CLIPs should be sent to the Office of the Registrar.
1. To begin, go to the UT home page at http://www.utexas.edu. Click on the UTDirect logo at the bottom of the page.
2. Scroll down to CLIPS Inline Menu and click on the unique number of the primary course.
Note: If you do not see your Inline Menu, click on Sitemap > Academics > Classroom Information pages.
3. In the left-hand navigation, scroll down to the Instructor Info area and then click on the Authorize Assistants link.
4. In the text box provided, enter the TA's EID username. If you do not know your TA's EID, you will first need to click on the EID Search Page link.
5. Click on the Update Authorization button.
6. Assistants authorized through CLIPS will be listed as Teaching Assistants in Blackboard. The changes will be reflected in the next data feed, usually on the next business day. If you DO NOT want an individual to have TA access to your Blackboard course, you may give them student access by using the Enrolling a user tutorial.