Clearing an attempt
The Assignment Manager allows you to create an assignment that automatically becomes an item in your Gradebook. Students complete this assignment in a separate file and electronically send it back to you through the Course Menu. You may then download these files from the Gradebook and review them, before assigning a grade. The Assignment tutorials will guide you through this process.
In this tutorial you will learn how to navigate to the Assessment area and clear an attempt to allow a student to resubmit an assignment.
1. Scroll down to the Contol Panel section, click the Evaluate link, and select Grade Center.
2. Click the < to the right of the course menu to expand your Grade Center page.
3. On the Grade Center page, mouse over the grade cell to view the double down arrows.
4. Click the double down arrows and select View Grade Details from the drop down menu.
5. On the Grade Details page, under the Attempts section, click the Action Link (double down arrows) located next to the !, and select Clear Attempt.
Note: You have the choice of clearing the student's attempt or Allowing Additional Attempts. If you allow Addition Attempts, you will have a record of all submitted files.