Combining Blackboard sites with CLIPS
The CLassroom Information PageS (CLIPS) have a tool that allows instructors to combine individual course sections into a single Blackboard course. In this tutorial you will learn how to access your course CLIPS site through UTDirect, and how to use the Class Set-Up tool to combine your courses.
1. To begin, go to the UT home page at http://www.utexas.edu. Click on the UTDirect logo at the bottom of the page.
2. Scroll down to CLIPS Inline Menu and verify that all unique numbers to be combined are displayed. Note: If you do not see your Inline Menu, follow the steps outlined in this FAQ. If any unique numbers are not listed, please contact your departmental representative. If you need further assistance, contact Jim Whitten at the Office of the Registrar at 475-7660, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the unique number of the primary course.
3. In the left-hand navigation, scroll down to Class Set-Up area and then click on Associated Classes.
4. In the Add/Remove Associated Classes area, select the secondary courses to be combined in Blackboard and then click Submit Changes.
5. The changes will be reflected in the next data feed, usually on the next business day.