When you enter your Blackboard course you are presented with a list of links in the navigation menu on the left side of the page. Instructors can modify these links by changing the link names or eliminating unused links. Instructors have the option to include up to 10 different areas for each course.
The Course Menu may contain any of the following types of links:
- Content Areas that hold course information such as Course Documents or Assignments.
- Tool Links which link to anyone of Blackboard tools such as the discussion board or the chat tool.
- External Links which link to URLs outside of the course.
- Course Links which link to other areas within the course.
- Sub Headers that allow you to catagorize the menu.
- Dividers that allow you to divide your menu.
In this tutorial you will learn how to add, modify, and remove menu items.
Adding Menu Items
1. Make sure your Edit Mode: button is switched to ON and click the + button in the top left corner of your menu.
Modifying, Removing, and Hiding Menu Items
1. Make sure your Edit Mode: button is switched to ON and click the double down arrows next to the menu item. You have the option of renaming, hiding, or deleting the item.
Note: If you remove a Content Area all of its contents are deleted.
Moving Menu Items
1. Make sure your Edit Mode: button is switched to ON and click and drag the arrow icon to the left of the menu item to the desired location.