The Assessment tools allow you to create tests and surveys that automatically become an item in your Gradebook. Students complete these assessments and submit them through Blackboard.
The Pool Manager allows instructors to store questions for repeated use. When building a question pool, instructors can create new questions or they may add questions from existing assessments or other question pools.
In this tutorial you will learn how to navigate to the Pool Manager area and create a question Pool.
1. Scroll down to the Contol Panel section, click on Course Tools, and select Test, Surveys, and Pools.
2. On the Test, Surveys, and Pools page click Pools.
3. On the Pools page click the Build Pool button.
4. On the Pool Information page, enter a Name, a Description, and Instructions in the text boxes provided. Click Submit to continue
5. On the Pool Canvas page, mouse over Create Question and select a question. For the purposes of this tutorial, select Multiple Choice.
6. On the Create/Edit page, enter the Question Text and a Point Value in the text boxes provided.
Note: If Extra Credit is selected points are added to the score if the question is answered correctly; no points are taken away if the questions are answered incorrectly.
7. In the Answers section, select the Number of Answers from the drop down menu. Enter the text for the Answer choices in the text boxes provided, and designate the Correct answer by clicking on the radio button to the left of the appropriate Answer box.
8. In the Feedback section, enter the text for a Correct and Incorrect Response. Click the Submit button to finish adding your question.
9.Click the Submit button to finish adding your question.
10. You are returned to the Pool Canvas page. You can add another question, choose a different question type, modify or remove an existing question, or change the order in which the questions are presented. When you have finished creating your quiz, you can use the next tutorial: Making your test available.