The Assessment tools allow you to create tests and surveys that automatically become items in your Gradebook. Students complete these assessments and submit them through Blackboard. Before using the following tutorial, you should first create a Question Pool following the steps outlined in the Use the Pool Manager tutorial.
In this tutorial you will learn how to navigate to the Test Manager area and create a test from a question pool.
1. In the Control Panel area, on the right under Assessment, select the Test Manager link.
2. On the Test Manager page, click on the Add Test button.
3. In the Test Info section, type a Name, a Description, and list any Instructions for the test in the text boxes provided.
4. Click the Submit button to continue.
5. On the Test Canvas page, use the drop-down menu to select the From a Question Pool or Assessment option, then click the GO button.
6. On the Search Pools and Assessments page, in the Search window select from the list of Pools. In the Question type area, use the selection boxes to select the question formats you want to use, then click on the Search button.
7. When the Search results are returned, use the selection boxes to the left to choose which questions will be added to your test.
8. Click the Submit button to finish adding your questions.
9. You are returned to the Test Canvas page. You can add more questions from different pools, choose to create a new question, modify or remove an existing question, or change the order in which the questions are presented. When you have finished creating your quiz, you can use the tutorial: Making your test available.