The Assessment tools allow you to create tests and surveys that automatically become an item in your Gradebook. Students complete these assessments and submit them through Blackboard. Instructors can upload test questions into a Test using a document saved as a Text file, (extension .txt). This document can contain multiple questions of different types in a single file. Each question must be specifically formatted as explained in the Uploading test questions FAQ.
In this tutorial you will learn how to navigate to the Test Manager area and upload test questions using a text document.
1. In the Control Panel area, on the right under Assessment, select the Test Manager link.
2. On the Test Manager page, click on the Add Test button.
3. In the Test Info section, type a Name, a Description, and list any Instructions for the test in the text boxes provided.
4. Click the Submit button to continue.
5. On the Test Canvas page, use the drop-down menu to select the Upload Questions option, then click the GO button.
6. On the Upload Questions page, click on the Browse button.
7. In the File Upload dialogue box select your formatted text file, and click the Open button.
8. Enter a point value in the text box provided, then click the Submit button to finish adding your questions.
9. You are returned to the Test Canvas page. You can add more questions from different pools, choose to create a new question, modify or remove an existing question, or change the order in which the questions are presented. When you have finished creating your quiz, you can use the tutorial: Making your test available.