MAINTENANCE Update: Maintenance is complete.
contact email@example.com if you experience any issues or have any questions.
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Overall Course Learning Objectives
- Be capable of navigating a Linux operating system and TACC's Lonestar system in particular
- Understand common workflows and tools for NGS analysis:
- "Re-sequencing" - comparing raw sequence data to a reference genome, calling variants, and annotating variants DNA sequencing data
- RNA-seq - quantifying gene expression and determining splice variation from RNA-seq data
- de novo genome assembly and annotation
Learning Objectives: Day 1, Part 1: Linux/TACC Introduction
- Understand the broadest definition of "biomedical/biological informatics" and where this course fits in
- Learn and practice essential Linux concepts and commands, including where to get more help & information
- Learn and practice working with TACC systems (Lonestar in particular)