What is videoconferencing?
- Videoconferencing is the communication between you and a classmate, professor, or guest lecturer who is not able to physically attend the class or meeting for whatever reason.
- Videoconferencing can be done in special videoconferencing rooms or by installing a client on a computer.
- Videoconferencing requires a camera, microphone, and speakers
- Regular voice conferencing can be done with a separate phone
What videoconferencing services are available in the College of Education?
What videoconferencing rooms are available for use?
- SZB 323 - Distance Learning Classroom
- SZB 360A - EDA Admin Office: SZB 348
- SZB 505 – C&I Large Seminar Room
- BEL TBD (renovating spaces) – KHE Videoconference Room
What do you need to videoconference in non-videoconferencing rooms?
- High-speed internet
- Webcam, speakers and microphone (most laptops have this built-in)
What videoconferencing equipment is available in the College of Education?
- Logitech Videoconferencing Kit
- The Logitech Videoconferencing Kit gives the user a lot more flexibility.
- Camera set on a tripod for video
- Microphone/speaker module for audio
- Provides an excellent videoconferencing experience
- allows the user to place the camera almost anywhere in the room while still keeping the microphone/speaker in a central location
- Personal Skype accounts required
- Yamaha “Skype” Speakers
- Good addition if you are using the video conferencing “Skype” Laptop or if you are using your own computer
- Acts as a speaker and microphone
- Provides a better quality call than the built in components of a laptop
How to request videoconferencing?
- To request videoconferencing, the first step is to submit a help ticket to email@example.com.
- In this ticket it is important that you include as much of the following information as possible for the remote participant.
- Email address
- UT eid (if possible)
- Site name (Organization name)
- Site location (City, State, Country)
- Site’s Technical Support Contact (A member of the participants own IT staff)
- When and Where the call will take place