01. AVID Create a 4K Project and How To Link and Transcode for offline editing
01. Adobe Premiere Create a 4K Project and How to Make Proxies for offline editing
2. Import audio files recorded on the 744T or 702T into AVID or Premiere projects using the >File>Import commands.
3. Subclip each slated take of the video clips and audio clips. Subclip in point is on the slate before clap and out point is at the end of the take.
See Worksheet Subclip Audio In AVID
See Worksheet Subclip Audio in Adobe Premiere
4. "Autosync" (AVID) to create Synced dailies of audio and video
See worksheet Sync Audio in AVID
Sync Audio in AVID using Waveform Analysis
Adobe Premiere - Sync Audio in Adobe Premiere
5. Check each synced clip to ensure sync
6. Edit your footage in the timeline until you are absolutely to the point were you are picture locked. Do not spend time making titles or credits because they will need to be redone in the online. Just make place holders at exact durations the titles will be. Note that end credits can be estimated. Your sound mixer can leave the end credit sound and music so you can fade out when you have the final credits.
7. Prepare to sound mix. Schedule a time with Susanne Kraft to do a sound mix if you haven't already.
8. Export an .aaf AND Quicktime file for sound editor (not the mixer) to use in ProTools.
Adobe Premiere - How to Export .aaf and QuickTime to ProTools
AND if the .aaf workflow does not work try the - Adobe Premiere - How to Export .omf and QuickTime to ProTools
Check the sync of the ProTools audio tracks with imported DnXHD 23.98 1920 x 1080 Quicktime and begin sound editing
10. Sound Editor will edit the sound in ProTools until you all lock sound design.
11. Make a copy of the ProTools session to take to sound mixer to do your final mix.
How to make a copy of the ProTools session
Once session is saved as a copy place that folder on the temp_transfer server or hard drive
12. Create a Roughly Mixed Version to post to Vimeo (Optional)
Mix your session with the assigned Post-Production Sound Mixer and they will give you a stereo and a 5.1 surround mix sound file that will be added into the online session and joined with the video.
13. Color correct the video clips. Don't move or do any tweaking on video clips in the online sequence because you could slip sync.
Adobe Premiere - How to Color Correct 4K F5 Slog Footage in Premiere
Adobe Premiere - How to Export .XML file and project into Davinci Resolve
Davinci Resolve - Davinci Resolve - Self Contained QuickTime ProRes Export
14. Import Surround Mix into project sequence.
15. Create DCP for End of Semester Screenings and Film Festivals
16. Backup Media to LTO tape (Optional)