How to Patch to AVID Adrenaline from MR for capturing
1. In Machine Room on the Digital Video Patch Panel patch DIGIBETA OR DVCAM 1 or 2 SDI out to AVID 3 OR 6 SDI in.
2. Patch Machine Control DigiBeta to AVID 3 OR 6. 3. Put tape in deck and put deck in remote.
Batch Capturing is what you do once you have a bin with logged clips or a sequence in it that you made from an EDL (see EDL worksheet.) OR you may have taken your offline project into the AVID by copying the AVID project from your offline system to the Adrenaline.
If you double-click on your sequence or clips, you'll notice they will come up in the source screen as "media offline" Here's how to batch capture.
1. Select all the clips you wish to capture by holding down "shift" and clicking each clip. you can also type "Command-A" to select the whole bin.
2. Go to Avid Menu>Tools>Capture Make the following changes: Video input=SDI Audio input = SDI Res=1:1 (online) or DV25 (offline) Storage=LOCAL STORAGE OR SAN (Storage Area Network)
Deck should be set to SONY DVW-A500 (digibeta) or (Sony DSR-80 2ch) DVCAM if not click on the deck configuration (right under the "play" button) and select
"Auto-configure" click "Yes" at this next window.
3. Select all the clips you wish to capture by holding down "shift" and clicking each clip. you can also type "Command-A" to select the whole bin.
4. Go to Avid Menu> Clip >Batch Capture.
5. The batch capture box comes up. Check offline media only if it's not already checked and hit OK.
You will be prompted to load in the first source tape.
6.The computer will do the rest, advancing the deck to each record point and recording.
7. Hit Esc if you want to stop early. When your done you will be able to double click on your clips in the bin and they will appear in the source window. Remove your tape from the deck when finished.