How to do a Digital Cut from AVID 3 or AVID 6 to DigiBeta
NOTE: MUST HAVE A BLACK AND CODED DIGIBETA TAPE TO OUTPUT USING THIS
WORKSHEET. See this document on how to do this:
Patching in Machine Room (Top patches are “out” bottom patches are “in”)
1. Digital Video Patch Panel patch AVID 3 SDI or 6 SDI out to DBSP in
2. Machine Control Patch Panel patch AVID 3 or 6 to DigiBSP
3. Composite Video Patch Panel patch “DBETA” out to “MON VID A" in to monitor your video
recording (SET MACHINE ROOM MONITOR TO “LINE A”)
4. Analog Audio Patch Panel patch Digital Beta 1 or 2 out to "Audio Monitor In" to monitor your
Digital Betacam front panel
1. Set "Video Input Select" to SIF
2. Set "Audio Input Select" to SIF for Ch. 1 and Ch. 2
3. Put deck in remote
IN AVID Suite #3 or #6 OUTPUT YOUR ONLINE SEQUENCE
1. Open you AVID project
2. Load the final on-line sequence with bars, tone and slate into the timeline
3. Change the slate information, if necessary
4. Click > Output > Digital Cut
5. Autoconfigure the deck if the DVW-A500 is not already selected.
6. Enter in 59:00:00 as the "Mark In" time
7. Make sure that "Insert Edit" is selected as the "edit type"
8. Digital Cut tool should look like this.