A common issue with our Production Premium Suite installs since CS4 has been that Encore is missing its templates and other Adobe provided content. It is a problem in the wild too, however the resolutions from Adobe and others don't seem to apply to our site license installation. We suspect it may have to do with the downloadable Production Premium installers from the Volume Licensing Site verses consumer downloads of Premiere Pro (part of Adobe's suggested solution) or the install disks themselves. The Library install is multiple gigabytes so perhaps it is left out of an already massive Production Premium download for the enterprise. Whatever the reason, the fix is simple.
It merely requires the copying of the necessary Library folder to the following paths:
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS5
Macintosh: /Applications/Adobe Encore CS5/
The Encore Library folder can be obtained in the College's software share under \software\Adobe\Old Adobe Software\Adobe CS5\FixEncoreMissingContent
Copy the "Library" folder to the following spot>
Applications/Adobe Encore CS6
See this example on the left> "Library"
Then give full Read/Write to the library folder for
Link Encore with library content
Do one of the following:
- Depending upon your operating system, copy the Library, main, Styles, and Template folders from the folder containing the extracted library content to the appropriate location:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS6\
- Mac OS: Applications/Adobe Encore CS6/
- Launch Encore and link the library to the location where you extracted the library content:
- Mac OS: Select Encore > Preferences > Media. Browse to the Library folder of the extracted library content, and then click Ok.
- Windows: Select Edit > Preferences > Media. Browse to the Library folder of the extracted library content and then click Ok.