1. Advanced Narrative Students will shoot with the Sony A7SII
This Helpsheet will show you how to ingest Ninja Flame files UHD ProRes Files into AVID if you recorded it on a Ninja Recorder
Fast Import Film Transfer files into a 23.98 AVID UHD project
Adobe Premiere - Project Setup for either Ninja Pro or AVCHD files
This Helpsheet will show you how to ingest A7SII Footage into AVID if you recorded it to the SDHC cards without using the Ninja Recorder
2. Import audio files recorded on the 744T or 702T into AVID or FCP projects using the >File>Import commands.
3. Subclip each slated take of the video clips and audio clips. Subclip in point is on the slate before clap and out point is at the end of the take.
See Worksheet Subclip Audio In AVID
See Worksheet Subclip Audio in Adobe Premiere
4. "Autosync" (AVID) to create Synced dailies of audio and video
See worksheet Sync Audio in AVID
See worksheet Sync Audio in Adobe Premiere
5. Check each synced clip to ensure sync
6. Edit your footage in the timeline until you are absolutely to the point were you are picture locked. Do not spend time making titles or credits because they will need to be redone in the online. Just make place holders at exact durations the titles will be.
7. Prepare to sound mix. Schedule a time with Susanne Kraft to do a sound mix if you haven't already.
8. Export an .aaf AND Quicktime file for sound editor (not the mixer) to use in ProTools.
Adobe Premiere - How to Export .aaf and QuickTime to ProTools
AND if that doesn't work try the - Adobe Premiere - How to Export .omf and QuickTime to ProTools
Check the sync of the ProTools audio tracks with imported DnXHD 23.98 1920 x 1080 Quicktime and begin sound editing
10. Sound Editor will edit the sound in ProTools until you all lock sound design.
11. Make a copy of the ProTools session to take to sound mixer to do your final mix.
How to make a copy of the ProTools session
Once session is saved as a copy place that folder on the temp_transfer server or hard drive
12. Create a Roughly Mixed Version to post to Vimeo (Optional)
Mix your session with the assigned Post-Production Sound Mixer and they will give you a stereo and a 5.1 surround mix sound file that will be added into the online session and joined with the video.
13. Color correct the video clips. Don't move or do any tweaking on video clips in the online sequence because you could slip sync.
14. BLACKMAGIC DAVINCI RESOLVE Color Correction WORKFLOW - YOU NEED TO READ THIS!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME DON'T GO HERE!!!
DaVINCI AVID WORKFLOW
DaVINCI ADOBE Premiere Pro WORKFLOW
How to "Roundtrip" Resolve Files back into Adobe Premiere Pro
15. Import final LtRt into project sequence. How to Import your Sound Mix into your AVID Project properly.
16. Export Final Quicktime for Screening
17. Create DCP for Film Festivals
16. Backup Media to LTO tape (Optional)