The college hosts six core websites and many subsites. The following are the core sites:
- Moody College of Communication
- Department of Communication Studies
- Department of Radio-Television-Film
- Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- School of Journalism and Media
- Stan Richards School of Advertising and Public Relations
II. Receiving Authorization for Authoring
a. Requesting Access
Please have your Supervisor request access by creating a work request through the Moody Technology Services ServiceDesk.
The ticket should include:
- Your EID
- Your Email Address
- Your Title
- The Site (or Sites) you will need access to
- The End-Date of your access (if any)
- Your Supervisor's Contact Information
- The Prior Web Content Editor being retired (if any)
In addition, all new Content Contributors to our sites will need to complete the Moody Site Contributor Responsibilities form: https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eypPMoLX4XC7Qep (Est. Time: 1hr 30min)
Once the completed Moody Site Contributor Responsibilities form has been received, new Content Contributors will receive notification by email and an invitation to receive training and User Authorization at the next available Office Hours, which will occur for one hour twice a week.
Note - If your Supervisor does not have a Web Help Desk account, please have them submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. Activating Account
When you arrive for training during Office Hours, your user account will be created. To activate this account, click the URL below for the website you requested access to. Sign in with your EID and password.
- Moody College of Communication -> https://moody.utexas.edu/saml_login/
- Department of Advertising and Public Relations -> https://advertising.utexas.edu/saml_login/
- Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders -> https://csd.utexas.edu/saml_login
- Department of Communication Studies -> https://commstudies.utexas.edu/saml_login/
- School of Journalism -> https://journalism.utexas.edu/saml_login/
- Department of Radio, Television, and Film -> http://rtf.utexas.edu/saml_login/
Congratulations on creating your account! However, for security and safety purposes (in case of phishing bots!), your Account will be created with minimal permissions (read: "none").
Follow the steps below to have your Account authorization changed from default status to authorized user.
d. Setting Permissions
You have an active account but still need editing permissions.
If your account was not authorized during Office Hours, send an email to the Moody Webmaster (email@example.com) stating that you have signed in successfully and are now in need of permissions. Please be sure to include your Technology Services Web Help Desk Issue # in the email. The Webmaster will then assign your Account the additional permissions needed.
You will be notified via email when you have been setup with the correct permissions. Then you are good to go. You will be able to make the necessary changes.
Please keep UT Austin’s Web Publishing Guidelines in mind when publishing content.
CMA3.104 - Technology Services
2:30pm - 3:30pm
9:30am - 10:30am