- NOTE: MAKE COPIES OF ALL THE VIDEO FILES TO BE CONVERTED. CINEMA TOOLS DOES NOT MAKE NEW MEDIA IT SIMPLY CONVERTS THE EXISTING MEDIA TO THE NEW FRAME RATE DURING THE CONFORM. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BACK UP AND THE MEDIA GETS CORRUPTED THEN YOU WILL LOOSE MEDIA
- Open Cinema Tools>Create New Database
- Choose the New Database settings and click OK (this step is not important what is chosen)
- Go to File>Open Clip
- Navigate to the clip and open it so it loads into cinema tools
- Then click on "Conform"
- Choose the correct frame rate (to convert to PAL choose 25)
The original file will be converted to the desired frame rate. That is why we made a copy.
Open the file in QuickTime and click on (command I) to show the properties of the clip to confirm the fame rate has been converted properly.