Machine Room Patch panel, Top=OUT Bottom=IN
DVCAM deck setup
o DVCAM deck: Set ---Timecode to External
(TO Change timecode: Click >MENU >RT ARROW TO “TIMECODE” >RT ARROW TO “TC MODE” >RT ARROW TO “EXT/INT” >UP/DOWN ARROW TO CHANGE >”SET YES” TO SAVE AND EXIT)
and Video + Audio input channels on SIF.
COMPOSITE VIDEO patching
o DVCAM out to NTSC Monitor A in.
DIGITAL VIDEO patching
o HDCam SDI out to DVCAM SDI in.
o 23.98 or 59.94 REF out to HDCam REF in.
ANALOG AUDIO patching
o HDCam TC out to DVCAM TC in.
o DVCAM Ch 1 out to Audio Monitor.
VHS dub patching
COMPOSITE VIDEO patching for simultaneous VHS dub
o video patch: DVCAM out to Rack 3 in.
o audio patch: DVCAM ch.1 & ch.2 out to Rack 3 ch.1 and ch.2 in.
RACK 3 patching
o video patch: Rack 1 out to VDA in (patches VHS decks 1-4).
o audio patch: Rack 1 & 2 out to VHS 1 in.
o Make sure that the G5 Editing CPU is off so we don't cause feedback loop into the Sony HDcam deck which will cause video jitter
o HDCam machine preset on 23.98 fps and Stop light is not flashing.
o Monitor preset on option A (top right button lights monitor options).
o On HDSuite digital patch panel patch DOWNCONVERT out to
MR DOWNCONVERT in
1. Put DVCAM tape put in deck (switch is closed = on record).
2. Put in three VHS (if needed) tapes in decks 2-4 (tabs on = on record).
3. Put HD tape in deck and rewind (switch is open = not recordable).
4. Hit Play on HD tape, rush to Machine room to press Record + Play on DVCAM deck and VHS decks 2-4. (There must be 15 seconds of bars before picture starts).
Checks for both monitors
o Audio knobs at noon and levels are ok.
o video normalcy.
o TC burn-in.
o TC breaks.
1. Rewind all tapes.
2. Make DVCAM and VHS tapes not-recordable (switches open and tabs off).
3. Remove all patches, turn off decks.