- CMA 3.104 office for Tech Staff - Visit anytime no appointment needed. Hours 6:30AM to 8PM Mon-Thurs and Fridays 8-5
- Production and Post-Production wikis for step by step workflows visit How-to's and FAQs
- Moody Labs Proctors on duty in CMA and CMB Mon-Thurs 8AM to 10PM, Friday 8AM to 5PM, Saturday 12-5PM and Sunday 12-10PM
- Proctor locations in CMA Digital Media Labs CMA 4.138 and CMB in the hallway by the elevators on CMB 4th floor.
Editing Suites Rules for RTF Graduate Students
SECTION I: AUTHORIZATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The only students that have authorization to use the CMB 4.112 suites or "Grad Hallway"
MFA program in Film and Media Production
SECTION II: SECURITY PRIVILEGES/GUIDELINES
Each post-production suite is equipped with a Building Access Control System (BACS) that requires an authorized university photo ID proximity card (issued by the ID Center) to access secured areas
- At no time may a ID proximity card be transferred from student to student, or to any other person. Access that has been authorized to that University of Texas Proximity ID of the user is a license to use the suite for authorized purposes only.
- Breach of security will be subject to disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, suspensions from further use of the facility.
- The Moody College is not responsible for any unattended personal items or belongings including any equipment from the college or department left in the Grad Suites.
SECTION III: SCHEDULING
1) ADVANCE RESERVATIONS
Reservations are created in an application called AppSpace. Tech Staff will give you access to AppSpace. See wiki link on how to use Appspace
FORFEITURE OF SCHEDULED SESSION
- Anyone arriving later than fifteen minutes after the first scheduled hour of his or her reservation must yield to another's claim to the session time.
CONCLUDING A SCHEDULED SESSION
At the end scheduled session, the user must yield to the next user in queue, whether the next user is scheduled or awaiting use of unscheduled session time. It is good form to wrap up work at least ten minutes before the end of the session, and release the room "on the hour" to the next user.
2) UNSCHEDULED AVAILABILITY
THE FIRST TO ARRIVE IS THE FIRST SERVED FOR UNSCHEDULED SESSIONS
Unscheduled session hours are available on a first to arrive, first served basis.
Please schedule yourself on Appspace or door scheduler for the time you intend to use so others know that room is in use.
SECTION IV: AVID Nexis Storage
All MFA Storage Area Network User Policies - AVID Nexis
- Production MFA's have access to a storage partition on our AVID Nexis to host the current years projects
- Only the current years project should be hosted on the Nexis share
- Previous years projects should be archived on to LTO tape or on personal hard drives
- Tech Staff will be working with you to archive projects properly
- Technical Staff encourage users backup their media (and project data) on a regular basis.
- Do not rely on the shared storage server as the only location of project media and files
Shared Storage MEDIA MONITORING AND AUTHORIZED ACTIONS
Technical staff will remove media that is not authorized to be stored on our servers.
Only current coursework media is allowed. No outside projects are allowed to be worked on or stored.
The Technical Staff makes every effort to keep equipment serviceable and updated.
Maintenance will be performed with consideration to authorized projects in progress.