Film Purchase & Processing
Purchase of Raw Film Stock:
Go to raw film stock.
Then an account can be created and film stock bought.
- The email address must be …@utexas.edu or …@austin.utexas.edu
- A gmail account will not work
- The old order form will no longer be accepted.
5. Click Submit
6. Go to your email, you should have received an email from Kodak that looks like this:
7. With your new password, log in to the Student store. The store looks like this:
8. Click Shop All. You’ll see a bunch of different film stocks show up. The stock we want is 16mm KODAK TRI-X REVERSAL FILM 7266 / 16mm x 100ft / Camera Spool / Winding B / 1R -2994, CATALOG # 8012279
9. Click Buy Now . Change the quantity to 3 rolls and click the Refresh button below quantity.
10. Fill in your payment info, etc. and voila! Your film will be on its way!
Processing of Exposed Film Stock:
Each student pays for their own processing after the RTF Covered Labs.
Turn your film into Lee Sparks, the RTF accounting assistant. Fill out the Yale Film form with your person credit card info. Make sure It gets rubber banded to your film.
RTF will cover the shipping costs.
If a telecine was ordered, Yale sends the footage back on RTF Drives and the support staff upload the footage to the class folder. The class instructor or TA determines if a transfer is made and alert Lee and the class if they should request that option.
Bono Films Processes B/W negatives and B/W reversal
3200 Lee Hwy. Arlington, VA 2220 (703) 743-0800
Filmworkers Co-Op Telecine and video dailies services
3400 Carlisle Street, Suite 105, Dallas, TX 75204 (214) 754-9333
FotoKem Processes 16mm and 35mm
2801 W. Alameda Ave. Burbank, CA 91505 (818) 846-3101
CineLab Processes B/W reversal
Super8 Sound Processes Super8
www.super8sound.com 2805 West Magnolia Blvd. Burbank, CA 91505 (818) 848-5522
VPT & Transfer Processes & transfers 16mm, Super 16mm, and 35mm film including color negative
VPT - 2727 Inwood Road, Dallas, TX 75235 (214) 350-2676
& Transfer -- 5910 N Central Expy #950, Dallas, TX 75206 (214) 615-8240
Yale Film Processes Super8 http://www.yalefilmandvideo.com/
http://www.yalefilmandvideo.com/ 10555 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91606 (800) 955-YALE (9253)
(Maintains a strict subject material policy – see their website for all exclusions. Ex: They will not process footage with nudity, homosexual content, drug usage, etc.)
* Disclaimer: This is not a complete list of film processing labs. It is an alphabetical list that is based off past usage by students and the RTF Department. If students have additional labs they wish to add to the list, contact AJ in the RTF Department.