1. Blackmagic Pocket 6K workflow and how to setup the AVID Media Composer Project - Linking to video files and transcoding
2. IMPORT THE AUDIO!!! DON'T LINK AND TRANSCODE AUDIO recorded on the 744T or 702T into AVID projects. Use the >File>Import commands.
3. Subclip each slated take of the video clips and audio clips. Subclip in point is on the slate before clap and out point is at the end of the take.
4. "Autosync" (AVID) to create Synced dailies of audio and video
Or you can use syncing with waveform analysis if you have in camera audio
5. Check each synced clip to ensure sync
6. Edit your footage in the timeline until you are absolutely to the point were you are picture locked. Do not spend time making titles or credits because they will need to be redone in the online. Just make place holders at exact durations the titles will be.
7. Organzine your audio tracks in your timeline to prepare for your sound mix Organizing Audio Tracks for A Sound Mix -
8. Export an .aaf AND Quicktime file for sound editor (not the mixer) to use in ProTools.
See worksheets How to Export .aaf and Quicktime to ProTools
Check the sync of the ProTools audio tracks with imported Quicktime movie and begin sound editing
10. Sound Editor (or you) will edit the sound in ProTools until you all lock sound design.
11. Make a copy of the ProTools session to take to sound mixer (or YOU) to do your final mix in the studio.
How to make a copy of the ProTools session
Once session is saved as a copy place that folder on the temp_transfer server or hard drive to move to the sound mixing studios
12. Mix your session with the assigned Post-Production Sound Mixer (or YOU) and export a stereo sound file that will be added into the AVID Project
13. When Picture Locked - No more Picture Editing Required - Relink your footage to the Camera Originals
14. Color correct the video clips. Don't move or do any tweaking on video clips in the online sequence because you could slip sync.
15. How to port over your AVID project to Davinci Resolve - Resolve is a much more complicated workflow than color correction in AVID FYI!!
16. How to Setup your Project in DaVinci Resolve
17. How to
18. Export Final Quicktime for Screening
20. Backup Media to LTO tape (Optional) contact Tech Staff