Plug in a BNC cable out of SDI Out 3 to the Input of the KiPro. Use SDI 3 because we need to view the overlays on the monitor.
Plug into the SDI Input on the KiPro
Turn on the Sony F5 using the on switch
Use the knob to Navigate through the menus and press the knob to select the menu item
Go to the "Operational Menu"
First we are going to reset the camera to defaults
Go to System Settings
Scroll down to All Reset and choose Reset
Next set the color space
Go to the >not sure what this menu is called
Go to>Base Setting>
Go to >Color Space>S-Gammut/Slog2
Next got to "Recording" Menu
Choose>SDI Rec Control Setting set to "On"
- Load up two Compact Flash Cards of the same size in each of the card slots. They only go in one way so don't force cards. They should insert easily into slots.
- Turn on Power
- Reset the Ki Pro Mini or "KPM" to default settings. This resets any weird settings the previous user had set.
- Press the "Config" button
- Use the "Select" Up and Down buttons to naviagate to Menu Item # 99.1 "Factory Reset"
- Hold the "Adjust Up Arrow Button" for 2 seconds to reset the menus
- Next step is to format the CF Cards. Click on "Slot" button to access card 01. Holding down the button for a couple of seconds till the unit starts to flash blue a couple of times. This will toggle the CF media slot.
- When the KPM is set to Slot 1 format that card.
- Go to Menu Item 16.1 "Format Media"
- Press the "Adjust Up Arrow Button" to navigate to the "Format Media – FORMAT" menu
- Press this "Up Adjust Button" for 2 seconds to start formatting card slot 1.
- When card is formatting it will give you a "Format Complete" when finished.
- Next step is to format the second CF Card. Click on "Media" then "Slot" button to access card 02. Holding down the button for a couple of seconds till the unit starts to flash blue a couple of times. This will toggle the second CF media slot. The slot change is kind of difficult but it works. Just keep trying.
- When the KPM is set to Slot 2 format that card using the same steps as 9-12.
- Once the Format is complete on CF card 2 the next step will be to set the KPM input, frame rate and recording codec.
- Click on the "Config" button
- Use the "Select Up and Down" buttons. Go to menu #2.1 and set the "Video Input to SDI".
- Set the Audio Input to SDI same as Video Input. SDI – AUDIO INPUT
|Back up files off the KiProMini using a Compact Flash reader to your hard drive.|
Use this AVID workflow to setup and ingest files into a new AVID Project.
AVID - Fast Import Apple ProRes .mov to AVID Pro Res .mxf Workflow