|NOTE - YOU MUST HAVE ADMIN ACCESS TO THE COMPUTER TO USE THIS WORKFLOW - STUDENTS DO NOT HAVE THIS ACCESS SO THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A USEFUL WORKFLOW FOR STUDENTS.|
This handout will walk you through how to make a backup copy of your SD card (ex:Panasonic HMC - 150) or Compact Flash card, while retaining the integrity & structure of the footage or pictures on the card.
1) Insert your card into the card receiver, it will pop up on the finder on a Mac.
2) Open the Application folder, scroll down to the Utilities folder, open Disk Utility.
3) Select your SD card, and click New image.
4) Name your backup, designate where to save it and Click Save. Make sure to give it a name that makes sense.
5) Let Disk Utility run. The finished .dmg (disk image) will appear on the desktop. You have now successfully made a back up copy of your card.