MAINTENANCE OUTAGE: The University Wiki Service will undergo maintenance on Wednesday February 21st, 2018, from 7am to 8am.
During this one hour time period may be unavailable.
Users are advised to save content locally that may be needed during this time and to otherwise save all edits as unsaved work may be lost.
The University Wiki Service has upgraded the Confluence Server software, from version 5.9.14 to 5.10.8. Please refer to the knowledge base article, KB0015891, for a high level summary of upgrade changes. Thank you!

Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


All tenured and tenure-track faculty are required to request permission each year before accepting work outside of UT.

Outside employment is defined as 1) employment or consulting in an outside work or activity, 2) receipt from an outside source of a regular retainer fee or salary, or 3) regular or periodic involvement with a business or company in which the faculty has a principal interest or a non-profit organization in which the faculty is an officer, board member, etc.

Faculty should accept outside employment for no more than 20% time, or one day per week.

If you meet these criteria, please complete and turn in to the RTF Office the Annual Request for Outside Employment form, downloadable from the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost Web site.


All UT staff are required to notify their supervisor each year of any employment outside of UT. The form is available at: