Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

This is only required if you are traveling in a group for a UT Austin project:  (If you are going to a conference, this is not required.)

The travel packet must be completed by any students traveling domestically more than 25 miles from campus.

1.    Appoint one authorized representative to be the travel coordinator.  The travel coordinator will organize all paperwork and communicate with RTF Staff.

The travel coordinator will also:

2.    Contact Mona Syed to discuss travel plans and how to complete the travel paperwork

3.    Complete Part I and Part II of Request for Authorization for Student Travel (Student Request to Travel).

5.    Complete the “Description of Activity or Trip” section found on the Release and Indemnification Agreement (for adult students), (for adult non-students) or (for minors).

 6.    Copy the Release and Indemnification Agreement, and the Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment (medical release for adults) or (medical release for minorsand distribute to all participants.

 7.    Instruct each participant to complete the Release and Indemnification Agreement, and the Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment and attach a copy of their medical insurance or request Temporary Medical Insurance.  All participants who will be driving must also attach a photo copy of their drivers license and liability insurance.

 8.    Collect all materials and turn in to Mona Syed by noon at least 21 days prior travel.  Take a paper copy of all submitted information on the trip.



Student Travel Policy for University Organized or Sponsored Events

This policy applies to the travel of enrolled undergraduate and graduate students to attend activities or events that are: organized and/or sponsored by The University of Texas at Austin; and occur more that twenty-five (25) miles from the University campus. An organized event is one that is initiated, planned, and arranged by a member of the University's faculty or staff, or by the members of a sponsored student organization, and is approved by an appropriate administrator.   A sponsored event or activity is one that the University endorses by supporting it financially, or by sending students to participate in it as official representatives of the University. 

Student Travel Policy for Registered Student Organizations 

This policy applies to the travel of student members of a registered student organization when: the organization requires its student members to attend an activity or event; and the activity or event occurs more than twenty-five (25) miles from the University campus. Registered student organizations that require student members travel to and from events or activities that are covered by this policy must obtain prior authorization for such travel from the Dean of Students, Student Activities & Leadership Development. 

Travel related forms (also above): 
Linked below are various forms that may be required for student travel. If the forms cannot be downloaded, paper copies are available from the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, 471-1133.  A copy of each is attached, the pdf will be available on the RTF Wiki.

  • No labels