To adequately prepare for domestic travel, the following simple steps are required.
The Travel Worksheet must be completed by any students traveling domestically more than 25 miles from campus, whether or not you plan to use RTF equipment.
1. Appoint one authorized representative to be the travel coordinator. The travel coordinator will organize all paperwork and communicate with RTF Equipment Checkout (Linda Cavage or Lauren Castro).
The travel coordinator will also:
2. Contact Keefe Boerner to discuss travel plans and how to complete the Travel Worksheet.
3. Log-in to UTBox (https://utexas.account.box.com/login) before meeting with Keefe.
4. Complete Section A of the Travel Worksheet (RTF Production Student Travel Worksheet), as well as Part I and Part II of Request for Authorization for Student Travel (Student Request to Travel) and Student Travel Cover Sheet (RTF Student Travel Cover Sheet).
5. Complete the “Description of Activity or Trip” section found on the Release and Indemnification Agreement (for adult students), (for adult non-students) or (for minors).
6. Copy the Travel Worksheet, Release and Indemnification Agreement, and the Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment (medical release for adults) or (medical release for minors) and distribute to all participants, including cast and crew.
7. Instruct each participant to complete sections B, C and D. All participants who will be driving must also complete section E.
8. Collect all materials and turn in to UTBox by noon at least 10 days prior to checkout date. Take a paper copy of all submitted information on the trip.
Contact Keefe for assistance:
Student Travel Policy for University Organized or Sponsored Events
This policy applies to the travel of enrolled undergraduate and graduate students to attend activities or events that are: organized and/or sponsored by The University of Texas at Austin; and occur more that twenty-five (25) miles from the University campus. An organized event is one that is initiated, planned, and arranged by a member of the University's faculty or staff, or by the members of a sponsored student organization, and is approved by an appropriate administrator. A sponsored event or activity is one that the University endorses by supporting it financially, or by sending students to participate in it as official representatives of the University.
Student Travel Policy for Registered Student Organizations
This policy applies to the travel of student members of a registered student organization when: the organization requires its student members to attend an activity or event; and the activity or event occurs more than twenty-five (25) miles from the University campus. Registered student organizations that require student members travel to and from events or activities that are covered by this policy must obtain prior authorization for such travel from the Dean of Students, Student Activities & Leadership Development.
Travel related forms (also above):
Linked below are various forms that may be required for student travel. If the forms cannot be downloaded, paper copies are available from the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, 471-1133. A copy of each is attached, the pdf will be available on the RTF Wiki, and paper copies are available in RTF Equipment CheckOut.
*The appropriate forms should be completed and submitted to the RTF Department for review and approval at least ten days prior to travel. Contact Linda or Lauren at 471-6565 for assistance.
Special Events Insurance Brochure: