To adequately prepare for domestic travel, the following simple steps are required.
The Travel Worksheet must be completed by any students traveling domestically more than 25 miles from campus, whether or not you plan to use RTF equipment.
1. Appoint one authorized representative to be the travel coordinator. The travel coordinator will organize all paperwork and communicate with Moody College Equipment Checkout.
The travel coordinator will also:
2. Contact Keefe Boerner, the Assistant Director in charge of Production, to discuss travel plans and how to complete the Travel Worksheet.
3. Log-in to UTBox (https://utexas.account.box.com/login) before meeting with Keefe. He will create a student travel folder for your project and invite you to collaborate on this folder so you can turn in documents digitally. After you have created a UTBox account, email Keefe at Keefe.Boerner@austin.utexas.edu to let him know about your plans for travel. Include your travel dates, destination, class name and instructor's name.
4. Complete Section A of the Travel Worksheet (RTF Production Student Travel Worksheet), as well as Part I and Part II of Request for Authorization for Student Travel (Student Request to Travel) and Student Travel Cover Sheet (RTF Student Travel Cover Sheet).
6. Copy the Travel Worksheet, Release and Indemnification Agreement, and the Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment (medical release for adults) or (medical release for minors) and distribute to all participants, including cast and crew.
7. Instruct each participant to complete sections B, C and D. All participants who will be driving must also complete section E.
8. Collect all materials and turn in to UTBox by noon at least 10 days prior to checkout date. Take a paper copy of all submitted information on the trip.
Contact Keefe for assistance:
Student Travel Policy for University Organized or Sponsored Events
*The appropriate forms should be completed and submitted to the RTF Department for review and approval at least ten days prior to travel. Contact Keefe at 512-471-9253 for assistance.