How to use the USB recorder in the 4.140 Radio Room
This helpsheet discusses how to use the RM3 Professional Digital Recorder iKey Audio labeled 'USB Recorder' in the CMA 4.140 Radio Room.
|Log into the Mac partition of the iMac with your EID.|
|go to the Motu Audio Setup and make sure the settings are correct|
These are the correct settings for Audio Input and Output
Make sure set to Analog 1-2 on Input and Output
|Go to the System Prefs and make sure the sound Output is set to the Motu 828Mk3 Hybrid USB|
|Same with the Input|
|Launch the Application Adobe Audition.|
Go to the >Adobe > Preferences and check the Audio Hardware make sure it is set to the MOTU FOR THE DEFAULT INPUT AND OUTPUT
Next check the Audio Channel Mapping Make sure it is set to
MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid Analog 1 and Analog 2 Input
Output should be set to
MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid Analog 1 and Analog 6 Output
1. Insert your USB drive into the USB slot.
Alternatively, to connect an SD card, gently push the card completely in the slot until it clicks into place. To remove the card, slightly push the bottom of the card.
Before recording, push the FORMAT/STEREO-MONO button down to alternate between bit rate formats.
We recommend using 256kbps MP3 for transcription/analysis.
We recommend using 44.1kHz WAV for editing/production.
2. Turn the microphones on that you wish to record from. If you are only recording yourself, use the Mic 1.
3. Push the Red record button on the USB recorder. You should see a paused icon appear on the tiny screen with '0:00'
4. Now is the time to adjust your levels. Practice your recording and adjust the slider for the appropriate microphone until the levels average about 2/3 of the way up on the tiny screen.
5. Push the Red record button again to begin your recording. If the numbers are increasing, you are recording. Also, a light will flash below the record button to indicate that the unit is recording.
6. Push the Stop button to stop your recording. This recording will be saved as a unique file on your storage device.
Files that were recorded by the iKEY M3 are named according to the format of the file and are numbered according to the sequence in which they were recorded. For instance, iKEY_001.MP3, iKEY_001.WAV, iKEY_002.MP3, etc.
To make another recording, repeat steps 3 to 6.
1. On the sound board, turn off the Mic.
2. Press Play on the USB recorder. It will automatically play your last recording.
If you would like to select a previous recording, press Stop.
If you do not hear audio:
When you are done playing your recording, press stop on the USB player, and gently pull your USB drive from the recorder.