VPN (Virtual Private Network) is required to access your campus desktop from off campus as well as other UT services.
VPN requires two-factor authentication using DUO.
To setup DUO for the first time: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/duo/register/duo_login/?next=/apps/duo/register/
Installing VPN (Application: Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client)
- Engineering managed computer
- The application, Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, should already be installed.
- If you don't see it installed, open "Software Center" and choose to install it.
- Personal computer: PC or Mac
- Go to https://vpn.utexas.edu and enter your UT EID and Password.
- Authenticate with DUO
- Select the Download button to download and install the software.
- Mobile Device
Connecting to VPN:
- Start the application: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Enter the following:
- Connect to: vpn.utexas.edu
- Username: YourEID
- Password: YourEIDPassword
- DUO Passcode (or "Second Password" on mobile apps)
push << Sends a notification to your smart phone
sms << Sends an text to your cell phone
- phone << Sends a call to your phone number
- <numeric passcode> Generated from Duo App or text