Please do the following to be able to use your new account in accordance with UT and Cockrell School policy:
- Log into the computer with the new account. (You MUST be on a wired Ethernet connection, not wireless.) The password will be Texas123$
- This should be the only time you log into the computer with this account
- Change the password for the account by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and clicking "Change Password"
- We recommend that you set the password to the same as your EID password to make remembering it easier
- Log out of the machine and log back in with your EID
- Click "Start" and type "notepad"
- Right click on the notepad icon in the start menu and select "Run as administrator" to get the following window
- If notepad opens without this (or a similar) window, please contact ITG and reference this page and step
- Enter the new admin account and password you set
If notepad opens, your admin account is working correctly (just close notepad). If not, please contact ITG and reference this page and step 6.
If an application installer does not ask for an admin account and instead fails with an error about insufficient rights, you don't have to login as an admin, just use step 5 above on the installer