1) Fill out a Travel Authorization Request (RTA) online and submit it to the KHE Travel Desk, 00055.
2) Applying for a Faculty Travel Grant (FTG)? If so, you must complete that application at the same time as the RTA. Assign the FTG to your Admin's EID.
NOTE: Please allow at least 2 weeks for FTG applications to be approved prior to travel.
3) Your RTA and FTG, if applicable, will route for the proper approvals. You will receive an automated email once your travel is approved for each request.
4) Book your travel! Once approvals are obtained, you may begin making your travel arrangements. The amounts allowed for food/lodging vary by account. Your Admin can help you with any questions.
Airfare - may be direct billed to save you out of pocket expenses. You can book airfare via Concur or by contacting a UT Travel Agency. You will need your RTA number when using direct bill options. You may also book your airfare through a site such as Expedia or Orbitz and be reimbursed after your trip. Airfare booked independently should be comparable in price.
Ground Transportation - may be direct billed through Anthony Travel. This includes Vonlane Luxury Bus tickets and hired transport to/from the Austin airport. The Anthony Travel contact for ground transportation is Renee Wells (ReneeWells@anthonytravel.com).
Lodging - hotel receipts must have your name listed on them and show a $0 balance due. Reservations from Hotwire.com, for example, will not suffice as a receipt. If staying at a hotel in Texas, you must submit a Hotel Occupancy Form to have state sales tax waived. State sales tax from Texas is not reimbursable. Please be cognizant of the amount allowed for lodging on the account that you are using.
Rental Cars - see Rental Car Reservations for more details.
5) Submit your receipts after travel via the Travel Reimbursement Request and assign to the KHE Travel Desk, 00055. Receipts should be submitted within 2 weeks of travel. Receipts for meals are not necessary, simply indicate the days you wish to request per diem in your reimbursement request.
6) Sign the voucher sheet associated with your reimbursement. Your Admin will prepare this document for you. Please check the reimbursement amounts to confirm everything has been included. Once the voucher is submitted by your Admin, the reimbursement is typically processed within 1 week.