1) Fill out a Travel Authorization Request (RTA) online and submit it to the KHE Travel Desk, 00055.
2) Applying for a Faculty Travel Grant (FTG)/Virtual Conference Faculty Registration Grant (VCFRG)? You must complete that application at the same time as the RTA. Assign the FTG to your Admin's EID.
NOTE: Please allow at least 2 weeks for FTG/VCFRG applications to be approved prior to travel.
3) Your RTA and FTG/VCFRG, if applicable, will route for the proper approvals. You will receive an automated email once your travel is approved for each request.
4) Book your travel! Once approvals are obtained, you may begin making your travel arrangements. The amounts allowed for food/lodging vary by account. Your Admin can help you with any questions.
May be direct billed to save you out of pocket expenses.
NOTE: Effective 07/07/2021, UT Austin COVID-19 travel guidelines have been updated, and you may now book your airfare online through sites such as Expedia or Orbitz. Airfare booked independently should be comparable in price.
Ground Transportation -
May be direct billed through Anthony Travel. This includes Vonlane Luxury Bus tickets and hired transport to/from the Austin airport.
The Anthony Travel contact for ground transportation is Renee Wells (ReneeWells@anthonytravel.com).
Hotel receipts must have your name listed on them and show a $0 balance due.
- Reservations from Hotwire.com, for example, will not suffice as a receipt.
If staying at a hotel in Texas, you must submit a Hotel Occupancy Form to have state sales tax waived. State sales tax from Texas is not reimbursable.
Please be cognizant of the amount allowed for lodging on the account that you are using.
Rental Cars -
See Rental Car Reservations for more details.
5) After travel, submit your receipts via the Travel Reimbursement Request system and assign to the KHE Travel Desk, 00055.
- Receipts should be submitted within 2 weeks of travel.
- Receipts for meals are not necessary, simply indicate the days you wish to request per diem in your reimbursement request.
6) After the reimbursement is complete, the admin will request a signature on the voucher sheet associated with your reimbursement.
Please check the reimbursement amounts to confirm everything has been included.
Once the voucher is submitted for approval, by your Admin, the reimbursement is typically processed within 1 week.