The information below will help you get started with basic login and setup tasks using your new UTVM mailbox. Included are steps for popular customizations, help and support information and known issues. This Wiki will continue to be updated as the phone system conversion progresses. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1 - Personalizing Your UTVM Box
IMPORTANT: After you've personalized your UTVM box, please proceed to Step 2: Activating Your Mailbox.
Step 2 - Activating Your Mailbox
Unlike in the previous phone system, you can implement and control the call-forward features used with voice mail: forward-no-answer and forward-busy. Most customers use both, but some prefer to omit one or the other. Once you’ve personalized your mailbox, you will need to follow these steps to start sending calls to it.
- To activate this feature, dial 72 28886 and wait for the confirmation tone, then hang up.
- To deactivate this feature, dial 73 and wait for the confirmation tone, then hang up.
The UTVM access number is 512 232-UTVM (8886). On campus, dial 2-8886, or the service code #71, followed by your PIN.
Your login is exactly the same as the telephone login, using your five-digit phone number and the new PIN you chose when logging in by phone the first time.
Using any standard web browser, go to voicemail.its.utexas.edu.
Caller Transfer-Out Feature
Unlike SmartVoice, the new system has only one transfer-out option. An enhancement request has been registered with the vendor to add more.
- Log in by web browser.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, click Settings.
- In the new window, select Preferences.
- Look for “Subscriber Defined Transfer” and check the box next to it.
- Below that, enter the five-digit campus number, or ten-digit off-campus number (local numbers only but you must still enter the area code), that you wish callers to transfer to. No punctuation is necessary.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Save button.
- In your greeting, you will need to instruct callers to press 1 if they wish to be transferred.
Automatically Forwarding Messages to Email
First, set up the email address to forward to:
- Click Notification again.
- This time, click Activate Notification.
- If the “Notify me through Email” option is set to Off, select one of the other options.
Telephone User Interface (TUI)
- Sometimes clicking a link doesn't work on the first click, and requires a second click.
- If your session expires, you may get a message telling you to contact your administrator. That's not necessary; log out and log back in.
- After logging in following a session time-out, you may sometimes only see a subset of the normal options; log out and log back in. The vendor is investigating.
Help & Support
- PIN resets are done by email only: email@example.com
- Your primary contact for other issues is your Technical Support Contact (TSC).
- To escalate problems or questions, contact the UT Voice Mail Office at 471-0019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.