- Before the advising period begins, you must update your Program of Work as you will need it is needed to determine courses.
- After reviewing your Program of Work and the UT Course Schedule online, you can optionally meet with your faculty mentor or Area Chair to discuss your course plans.
- Once you've determined your courses, submit the Submit your EDP Advising Form. It will route to your program's Area Chair for review.
- Your Area Chair will review your form, and approve or request changes. You'll get an email stating whether your form was approved or denied - if any changes are needed, you can submit a new form.
- Once approved, you will receive an automatic approval email with the classes from the form listed (for reference to use during course registration), and your Advising Bar will be removed.Be sure to keep your approval email as it has your class info there, which is handy to reference during course registration.
- If you need to make any changes to your planned courses, you must submit a new Advising Form
You will register each semester through UT's online Registration System. Register early! Classes fill quickly, and having a class on your Advising Form does not guarantee a spot in the class.