All rental cars must be reserved through one of the five UT Austin-contracted vendors: Avis/Budget, Enterprise/National, or Hertz. Please use the Rental Car Direct Billing Request to prevent out-of-pocket costs.
Please include the UGS Business Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) in your travel planning, in advance, for maximum savings and efficiency. Reimbursements take up to 3 weeks between the time you give us your complete travel documents and the day you receive a payment. You can only be reimbursed for your own expenditures.
- Travel Authorization Request
- Travel Policy to Restricted Regions
- Check Per Diem Limits
- University Travel Policy
- Travel Management - Reservations
The rules and regulations covering travel reimbursement come from several sources. The University of Texas is governed by the State of Texas Travel Regulations Act, the General Appropriations Act, Rules and Regulations of the University of Texas System Board of Regents, and official interpretations of the Travel Act as made by the State Comptroller of Public Accounts. The most relevant rules have been condensed into this part of the Handbook of Business Procedures for quick reference. When the rules for local accounts differ from state accounts, the difference is noted.
Note: Deans, vice presidents, or unit business officers may have additional requirements for travel expenditures.
Travel reimbursements are processed by Travel Services.
- Request an RTA. Use the request page and create a "Travel Authorization Request"
- Signature approval must be uploaded onto the request page
- Once completed, assign the request to Teddie Owen (tlo335).
- After these items are received and processed, a Request for Travel Authorization (RTA) number will be issued to reference your trip
You will receive an automatic confirmation email informing you of your RTA number. With this information, you can book your flight through Concur/Anthony Travel You MUST have an RTA before your travel using any university funding. There are NO exceptions.
D.C. and International
Additional approval is required for foreign and Washington, D.C., travel. Please see the Travel Policy to Restricted Regions for international travel information.
Before Other information to know before you travel:
- Reimbursement limits for meals and lodging vary according to your destination. Please ask the UGS Business Affairs office for Team about your specific spending limits before you leave. Learn about per diem limits. The UGS Business Affairs Office obtains its information from the Handbook of Business Procedures. The Travel Services page may also be helpful.
- If you're attending a conference, after you received your RTA confirmation, you can use the Pro-card Procard to pay for registration (with your supervisor's approval) If cash advance is required, please contact the UGS Business Office for guidance at least 30 days prior to your travel
- Use your
- RTA number to create a "Travel Reimbursement Request" on the request page.
- All receipts must be taped on an 8x11 piece of paper. Organize your receipts by date, and label each as breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We do not reimburse for alcohol or tips.
- Scan your receipts onto the Travel Reimbursement Request page, and send the originals to the UGS Business Office. The request should be assigned to Teddie Owen (tlo335).
The UGS Business Office Team will process the payment voucher, contact you for your signature, and submit the voucher and supporting documents (receipts) to the Office of Accounting for payment. There is generally a two- to three-week waiting period between the time the UGS Business Office submits the voucher and supporting documents, and when you receive a payment.More information on UT's travel policy can be found in the Handbook of Business Procedures.reimbursement. Depending on the account being used, you may need to physically sign the reimbursement paperwork. The UGS Business Team will let you know if this is needed.