- If you are having EID access problems with the laser cutter systems, contact Technology Desk at 512-471-1189. Only the Technology Desk staff are permitted to give you access to the system. Do not get another student to log in for you or share your EID credentials, as this can result revoking of privileges for both students, as described below.
- Infractions of laser cutter or any other Technology Lab policies may result in privileges being revoked.
- Operating the laser cutter without being trained or paying the subscription for the semester may result in privileges being revoked.
- Operating the laser cutter under someone else's login may result in privileges being revoked for you as well as for the person who allowed you access to the system. If you are found to be logged into the laser cutter computer with someone else’s credentials, both you and the person who shared their information may have their access revoked for the rest of the semester.
- Each person can use laser cutters for up to 2 hours at a time; after that, they will be automatically logged out of the machine and the next person in line will be assigned to use it. If there is no one waiting, you can renew the session. If there are people waiting, you must sign onto the waitlist again.
- Use of more than one laser cutter at the same time is only permitted when there is no one on the waitlist.
- If you notice that the laser cutter requires cleaning or maintenance, please notify the Technology Desk staff immediately in person or by calling 512-471-1189.