The integrated degree program results in simultaneously awarding a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering (BSBME) and a Master's of Science in Engineering (MSE) degree offered by the graduate program in biomedical engineering. The objective of the Integrated BSBME/MSE Program is to enable prepared undergraduates in Biomedical Engineering to earn two degrees in a shortened time period. Through implementing a simplified admission process and allowing seniors to enroll in graduate-level engineering courses reserved for graduate credit, the program enables graduates to complete both degree requirements within five years.
Admission to the program happens in two steps:
- Step 1: Internal BME application submitted as a junior. If admitted, students begin enrolling in graduate coursework as a senior while in undergraduate standing.
- Step 2: Graduate School application submitted as a senior. If admitted, students advance to graduate standing.
The pages here in the Graduate Program Handbook serve to document procedural requirements of admitted integrated students to enroll, reserve courses for graduate credit, and graduate. Information is organized based on a student's year in the program:
- Rising seniors and seniors (undergraduate standing)
- Rising 5th years (undergraduate standing)
- 5th years (graduate standing)
- For undergraduate matters, Brittain Sobey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For graduate matters, Lacy White, email@example.com
More information on the BME Website: http://www.bme.utexas.edu/graduate-program/bsbme-mse-integrated-program