The College of Natural Sciences wiki contains resources to support staff and faculty as we navigate changes brought about COVID-19.
Find information related to:
Telework, HR and more for employees
Research and facility updates
Helping students and the community
Each page has items for action at the top of page, along with general resources and links to helpful information on the CNS website and from around campus.
Quick links and additional resources:
- Daily Health Attestation for those working on-campusProtect Texas Together App for students, faculty and staff to track symptoms
- Protect Texas Together UT Website with FAQs for staff, students and faculty
- Remote teaching resources from TIDES and Preparing for Fall resources
- Downloadable Zoom & desktop backgrounds for the UT Natural Sciences community
- UT COVID-19 FAQs and Resources for various audiences
- Provost's FAQs for faculty
- Answers to CNS students' questions
- Zoom security tips from IT
- Zoom basics from Liberal Arts ITS
- Messages from Dean Goldbart to CNS
- Dean Vanden Bout's messages to CNS students
Do you have suggestions for information that belongs on this wiki? Contact CNS Communications and let us know.
COVID-19 Testing & Resources
If you have symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, it’s important for you to be tested. If an employee is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, they should report their symptoms to the HealthPoint Occupational Health Program at 512-471-4647 or email@example.com regardless if they have been yet been tested for COVID-19.Any employee who has tested positive, believes they may have COVID-19, or is returning from international travel should contact OHP. Employees (faculty and staff) who test negative for COVID-19 should not return to on-campus work until 72 hours have passed without symptoms and at least 10 days have passed since the onset of symptoms regardless of a negative test result. Employees should report to OHP that they were tested for COVID-19 regardless of a negative result. More can be found here.
In addition, for testing:
- Students can call the UHS Nurse Advice Line at 512-475-6877.
- Employees can call UT Health Austin at 833-882-2737; call your physician, who can register you to be tested with Austin Public Health; call CommUnityCare at 512-978-8775; or access telehealth services (via Austin Public Health).
- UT Select insurance now covers the cost of medically necessary COVID-19 testing and treatment with in-network providers at 100% with no out-of-pocket costs. For more information, please visit the UT System Office of Employee Benefits COVID-19 webpage.
- New federal leave provisions are now available to employees impacted by COVID-19.
- For more information, please visit the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Paid Leavewebpage.
UT Austin COVID-19 resources include an easy-to-understand guide in English/Spanish explaining the difference between social distancing, monitoring, quarantine and isolation, including how long each will last.
Recent space activity