Theatre and Dance Student Room Reservations
Theatre and Dance students may submit room reservation requests for non-performance spaces 2 weeks prior to the date of use. Any request placed less than 72 weekday hours prior to the date of use will be declined.
The Theatre and Dance scheduling software is called ArtsVision. All Theatre and Dance students will have an individual login for this software beginning October 1, 2018. If your request is related to a curricular need, please state the details of the assignment in your request. Requests that list faculty contact, class, and project will take precedence over other requests.
Room Use Guidelines:
- The University of Texas does not permit room uses use for outside organizations. All room use must be directly related to University business and attended by University faculty, staff, and/or students.
- Theatre and Dance faculty/staff sponsorships are required for student room reservations.
- Reservations must be reflected in ArtsVision. All other requests are not considered valid. Theatre and Dance Building Monitors will not grant access to groups that do not have official reservations.
- Any user who violates building use may be banned from the room reservation software and thus may lose room scheduling privileges.
- Examples of unacceptable conduct by students, which are subject to disciplinary penalty, including loss of privileges, encompass, but are not limited to:
- Damaging property of the University.
- Ignoring/disregarding posted signs in spaces.
- Having food/drink/shoes in dance spaces.
- Failure to return spaces to neutral upon departure.
- Activating smoke detectors with unauthorized haze or open flame(s).
- Failure to follow directions from Building Monitors.
- Failure to sign-in/sign-out from spaces.
*ArtsVision Login Information will be sent to all Theatre and Dance students on the listservs in October 2018 and each fall semester from that point forward.