- Our Dining Team hosted pop-up kitchens in April for students to sample potential new menu offerings and provide feedback.
- Our Sustainability Team celebrated Earth Day with four events: UT Farm Stand, April 14; Southern Homestyle Meal, spotlighting locally-sourced ingredients, April 15; Sustainable Soap Making Workshop, April 19; and Longhorn Local Market, April 22.
- Residence Life staff inducted XX students into the National Residence Hall Honorary on April 21.
- On April 9 our Student Staff Selection Committee interviewed 81 candidates interested in our summer student staff positions.
- The Residence Life leadership team discussed strategic planning, communication, meeting structures and explored team strengths at a retreat on April 2. (photo–Shauna Sobers)
- Campus Events+Entertainment will host a grab-and-go Chillfest event May 5, noon-4 p.m., Texas Union East Patio, with treats, drinks, and ways students can “destress” before finals.
- In April, E+E hosted a series of afternoon musical performances on the East Patio in April. This free programming gave students a fun, low-risk way to enjoy live music, while following social distancing protocol and health guidance.
- The Longhorn Family Leadership Council is hosting a Lunch and Learn networking event with graduating seniors on May 5. On April 16 the council met to discuss Division of Student Affairs fundraising priorities with the Development Team. (photo in Box, please edit, crop off Zoom stuff, brighten, insert)
- Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students Soncia Reagins-Lilly and Interim Executive Vice President and Provost Daniel Jaffe shared this COVID-19 vaccine information with students on April 20.
Paige Muehlenkamp, New Student Services, testified at the Texas Capitol during a higher education session on House Bill 214. The bill pertains to students enrolled at public institutions of higher education who are homeless or who are/were in foster care. She oversees the Horns Helping Horns program. (edit photo and add)
On April 14, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students Soncia Reagins-Lilly shared welcome remarks at the annual Sorority and Fraternity Life Awards. She was also the featured guest at the Leadership and Ethics Institute’s Longhorn Leadership Chats on the Office of the Dean of Students Instagram channel. In May, Dr. Lilly will support graduating seniors, including participation in First-Gen Graduation, add any others that apply. (photo added to Box, please crop and brighten)
Kate Lower, University Health Services and Counseling and Mental Health Center, presented “A Year of Resilience and Transition” at the April 21 Texas Talks event. The Vice President for Student Affairs and the Multicultural Engagement Center hosted this speaker series.