On my Dell notebook computer, how can I use the number keypad?
Turn on Num Lk, and then to use the number keypad, hold down Fn while pressing the keys on the number keypad.
If you'd like to enable the keyboard to use the number keypad just by turning on Num Lk, follow these instructions:
- Restart your computer
- While it is booting up, press F2 to go into the BIOS screen
- Go to POST Behavior and then Keypad (Embedded)
- Turn on By Num Lk (if you're not sure how to do this, instructions on how to move around in BIOS are at the bottom of your screen)
- Hit Esc, then select Save and Exit, and allow your computer to finish starting up
- Now you can just press Num Lk whenever you want to use the number keypad